Periodically ask yourself the following questions:
Give to Life:
- Say YES to life?
- Expand my awareness of others’ realities?
- Give to living things: pets, plants, wild birds, the environment?
- Donate or tithe regularly to return a portion of what God has given me?
- Consciously serve God in others?
- Give a proper diet to myself?:
- Body: Eat good food, exercise, not too much or too little sleep?
- Mind: Regularly read: spiritual literature, new ideas, humor, poetry?
- Creativity: Try to do something in a new way every day?
- Emotions: Stay even-minded and cheerful. Practice contentment?
- Spirit: Make an effort to bring forth my soul qualities?
Open My Heart:
- Worship God in His creation?
- Give thanks and appreciation for everything that comes to me?
- Chant daily?
- Practice japa?
- Feel joy in meditation?
- Establish good daily habits of meditation?
- Practice daily the main techniques: Energization, Hong-Sau, Aum, and Kriya?
- Try to advance my practice: Have my kriyas checked, do more, and deeper?
- Deepen my practice with: A long weekly meditation, seclusion, pilgrimages?
- Spend more time with spiritual friends and in spiritually uplifting ways?
- Attend group meditations regularly?
- Share deeply with one or two good friends?
- Connect with the center or meditation group near me?
- Visit The Expanding Light in order to recharge my spiritual batteries?
Attunement with my Guru (and my teachers):
- Read his writings regularly?
- Listen to tapes and try to absorb the magnetism from his voice?
- Listen to/sing his music and try to feel the consciousness behind it?
- Visualize his face, especially his eyes?
- Pray to him?
- Try to become more aware of his constant presence just behind my thoughts?